Help! I’m drowning, I’m suffocating under a slush pile of entertainment.
If this is the future once the robots take over, bring back the 7-day-working-week and 4 channels on the tele. Get the robots to watch all the damn TV series, listen to all the podcasts, read all the books, and then see if they have time to get to the cinema – which they won’t enjoy anyway once they see the price of a family pack of iron filings and a gallon of diet oil.
Here’s just a taster of some of the awesome things I haven’t finished recently (never mind not got round to):
- Orphan Black (watched all five seasons, got as far as ep 4 season five)
- Arrow (mid-season-two)
- Stormlight Archive (Way of Kings is great, the other installments broke my shelves)
- Lies of Locke Lamora (got a third way in, cool book, deserves more attention)
- Agents of Shield (TV crack which I replaced with something else)
- Wheel of Time (didn’t get past the prologue, if I manage to make another me, an ‘Ebony’ if you will, maybe he’ll do it)
- The Shannara Chronicles TV version (did anyone get past ep 2?)
- The Revenant (got to the horrible forest bit and thought ‘this is a bit heavy going’)
- Most of the Netflix Marvel spinoffs (Jessica Jones and Daredevil the exception)
Ironically, I sat through the whole of Get Hard …
Maybe the problem’s me. Oh well, at least I got to the end of this post.